What's Happening at OHS?
Winter Sports Pictures will be on November 15th, 2018. The following groups will be taking their pictures:
Because of Thanksgiving, the November Board of Education meeting will be Thursday, Nov. 15 at 6:30pm.
Information regarding the health concern identified in the Pre-school on October 25, 2018 can be found HERE .
Congratulations Abby Nichols for designing the 1st place Otterville Street Fair poster! Abby's poster won the people's choice vote as well as the judges vote. Students designed posters to raise money for the art department at Otterville School.
Back to School Time 2018-2019!!
We are excited to begin the 2018-2019 school year!! Our theme this year is Engage! Engage in a conversation with those around you rather than miss out on so many wonderful moments by being caught-up in social media and on our phones. Let’s engage in conversations and enjoy all the moments around us.
Here are a few highlights to begin the year and for the first day of school.
- The school’s website is https://www.ottervillervi.k12.mo.us. This is updated frequently and provides the most up-to-date information about the district.
- New students needing to enroll may come to the office beginning Monday, Aug. 13. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Open House is August 20 from 5-7 pm with the High School and Junior High Fall Sports Parent Meeting @ 7 pm in the Big Gym
- The first day of school is August 22, 2018 and is a full day.
- We still have 3 bus routes with the same drivers which will run similar to last year’s schedule. More information about bus routes will be available at Open House or contact school.
- The school day begins at 8:06 am and ends at 3:00 pm
- Breakfast will be served beginning @ 7:40 am until 8:00 am.
- Lunch & Breakfast charges have changed.
2018-2019 Lunch Charges
Breakfast Full Pay Reduced Lunch Full Pay Reduced
K-5 $1.15 $0.30 K-5 $2.15 $0.40
6-12 $1.20 $0.30 6-12 $2.20 $0.40
PreK $1.00 PreK $1.00
Ex. Milk $0.35 Extra Serv. $0.80
- Free and reduced applications are available on the school’s website, in the office now, and at Open House.
- Ala cart will be available for 6-12 grade students. Students may purchase ala cart items after purchasing a school lunch and must have a positive lunch balance and money for the purchase on their account.
- Lunch balance notifications will be sent via text on Sunday evenings. Policy 5550 describes our meal charge policy. Elementary and middle school students may charge a maximum of $10.00; high school students will be allowed to charge one meal. A letter will be sent home to students with large outstanding lunch charges and the designated menu alternate will be given to students with outstanding charges.
- Students in grades 6-12 will be able to pick-up their class schedules at Open House.
- Students new to the district can contact the school for enrollment forms.
- We welcome our new teachers: Ms. Staus, Counselor; Ms. Kroeger, Kindergarten; Ms. Benny, 3rd Grade; Ms.Billingsley, Music; Ms. Chapman, Jr. High Language Arts; Mr. Kilby, Jr. High Social Studies; Mr. Johnson, High School Math; Mr. Simmons, High School Science; Mr. Allen, P.E. and Athletic Director
We are excited and ready to begin the exciting journey for the 2018-2019 school year!!
Our 2018-2019 School Calendar and Supply Lists are located on the right hand side of our homepage!
Open house is scheduled for Monday, August 20 5:00pm to 7:00pm
Fall Sports Meeting is scheduled for Monday, August 20 at 7:00pm
Fall Picture Day for the 2018-2019 school year will be on Monday, August 27th. More information available regarding senior drape and online ordering can be found HERE.
Bikes for Books Winners
The Otterville School encourages their grade school students to read more books by participating in the “Bikes For Books” program offered by the Wallace Masonic Lodge #456-Bunceton Mo. The winners were selected by a drawing held May 16, 2018. The students get one chance to win for every book they read. The bikes were sponsored by the Bank of Otterville, and the AG COOP of Otterville. Students are very excited about the program and want to read more. Pictured are the winners, as well as Bobbi Jo Schoen representing the AG COOP and Steven Nesler representing the Otterville Bank. We give a BIG THANK YOU to the sponsors for providing the bikes. As of today they have given 24 bikes to the students. Good job students and keep reading!
There is a free lunch program this summer at the Otterville First Baptist Church. More information can be found by clicking HERE
"Our students were soring in 2017-2018"
The feathers of these wings were created by the students of Otterville School in their art classes. Every feather is unique just like